Tuesday, July 20, 2010

reduce reuse REPURPOSE



I love to bargain shop at thrift stores. Repurposing is the name of the game. A couple of months ago I picked up an ottoman for $10. I knew I could make it into something beautiful.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

After I removed the silver and black fabric I found this. next I removed the legs so I could recover it.

I bought some gorgeous uplustery fabric at jo-anns, and cut it so that it would wrap around the ottoman top. I also serged around the edge so that my fabric wouldn't fray.

I added an extra layer of fluff to the top.

next I warped the fabric over the ottoman top and extra fluff then stapled away.

I knew this fabric was what I wanted at first sight. $35.00 a yard. WOW! I had a coupon.

I had enough fabric left over to make a matching pillow. Put your feet up and stay a spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment