Thursday, July 8, 2010

plane white t makeover

Disney at ruffles and stuff inspired me to ruffle some stuff.


1. I started with a plane white T. from target. It cost me $10.00.

2. A second plane white T. This one came from the craft store and I dropped $2.00 for it.

3. I folded the second white T. in half so I could cut it into strips. These strips will become my ruffles.

4. Cut T. #2 into 3 inch strips. How many and how long depends on how many ruffles you want.

5. Set your sewing machine to a strait stitch, the longest stitch and set your tension as high as it will go. On my machine thats a 9. When your tension is set high it will instantly ruffle your fabric. be careful when the tension in high, your thread is pulled very tight and can snap.

6. Sew down the center of the fabric strip letting it gather as you go. I don't back stitch so that I can adjust the ruffle if I need to.

7. Before and after.

8. I made 4 big ruffles. Aren't they ruffly.

9. Place ruffles on T. #1. You may have to adjust them until you find the right look. When you like your placement pin them and sew them down. (don't forget to set your tension back to a lower setting)

10. Finished. Now you have a ruffled, frilly, girly T.

No more plane white T's. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get all your talent from and would you share some with me?

    <3
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed and always jealous of your talent!!! Will keep this page to show my sis - we should try it sometime :) YOu look just lovely and ruffley! - Jill

    ReplyDelete