Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Vacation day 6

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
John Muir
After dinner today we stopped at a beautiful city park that lays right on the edge of Smocky Mt. national Park. The sound of the flowing creek drowned out the city noise. It was peaceful, the kind of vacation I wished for. Stillness. Mr. Tripp and the big kids played in the creek as Penelope and I walked along the banks, picking up rocks and leafs. The paths were moss cover and the tree canopy domed over us. The large moss covered rocks told stories of creation. If I were to find God the first place I would look we be in the splendidness of nature. I became jealous of John Muir "The mountains are calling and I must go." He said.

We only stayed at the park an hour or so but being in my makers creations quenched my thirst and filled my soul.

1 comment: