Saturday, October 9, 2010

clean up, clean up....

"No one can do everything,
but every one can do something"
Thats been my mantra lately.
(all the kids cleaning except for Ella, she was hiding so so wouldn't have to help.)

Saturday is "family cleaning day". The kids cry and whine about it but I think its important that they learn how to clean and more importantly how to help their family. It is a constant battle with our kids to keep our home clean and orderly but of corse everyone claims the messes are not theirs. Mr. Tripp and I point out to the kids that we all need to help each other even if we didn't make the mess. I tell them that I am more than happy to wash All the laundry even though I didn't wear all the cloths and that daddy goes to work and makes ALL the money but he doesn't get to spend it all on himself. We go on and on trying to inspirer our kids to help each other. But in the end it's all about the Benjamin's... well the Washington's. Yep, my kids will do anything for a buck.
(the big kids said it was easer to clean when Penny wasn't helping. So they put her somewhere "safe". What rotten kids(she was released ASAP))

1 comment:

  1. How funny it all comes back around. My boys did that to Jeremy !! Ha ha LOL They are very good helpers !

    June

    ReplyDelete