Friday, September 10, 2010

Making a Bed

I have been in love with a Pottery Barn bed forever. You all know the one with the storage cubbies underneath it. I really want it but its a little out of my garage sale budget. So Mr. Tripp and I put our heads together and came up with this.
It's not quite pottery barn but it fits the budget.
we started with closet maid closet organizing shelfs.
we assembled them and laid them on their sides
then we arranged the shelfs to the dementions of our bed / Mr. Tripp built extra suport blocks out of 2x8, so that way the bed will hold all of our jumping monkeys or anything else that the bed may need to hold up to.
next we topped our platform with plywood. The strong stuff.
Mr. Tripp showing me how "well made" my new bed is.
YEAH!!! finished. We didn't put the box spring under our mattress. Those old box springs were shot any away. Now I think its time for new bedding.

xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Good job Phillip! Nice brainstorming momma Tripp :)
    ~ Jessica ~

    ReplyDelete