Tuesday, February 22, 2011

whoppie


Yesterday the kids had school off. So we made whoopie pies. I found a recipe I liked here.


All you need is

1 Box devils food cake mix
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix ingredients until combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  • Cool

  • Cream Cheese Frosting
    1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
    1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
    1 1lb. Box of confectioner’s sugar
    1 tsp Vanilla

    • In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
    • Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.

    Makes about 24 cookies or 12 cookie sandwiches

    ENJOY!

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy....thank you for the recipe...I think I will try to make them and see what Sasha says....but I think I will wait to let her eat her cookies until she goes home, because one of these whoopie bombs will set her off on a sugar buzz to beat all....lol....
    Give the kids a kiss & hug for me from their "Great" aunt Betty.....
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a whoopie gateway straight to the 'beeeeetis! Now gimme my Quaker Oats!

    -Wilford Brimley's Mustache

    ReplyDelete