Sunday, February 27, 2011

bed room makeover 1 of 2

Last weekend Mr. Tripp and I transformed the nursery into a bedroom for Ben and Matt. It was a bitter sweet makeover. This little 9 x 10 room has been the nursery since we moved into this house almost 10 years ago. All of my baby have slept in it. When the boys were babies it had star wall paper and the cow jumped over the moon border. When Ella came home I striped the wall paper and painted her name and flower all over the walls. Sadly when Penny was born the room stayed the same and her name was never added to the wall. Thats what happens when your the 5th kid. Sorry Penny.


This is the before. A crib and lots of toys. The crib has been around for 10 years too.

Mr. Tripp picked out the paint colors. Splash and Yosemite Blue from Benjamin Moore. It cost about $50.00 for paint a supplies.

Matt said "wow dad I didn't know you could paint walls. I only thought you knew how to paint cars." Mr. Tripp can paint just about anything. I was not allowed to paint. I'm no good at it.

And now the after!

New bunk beds from Walmart $190.00. Sheets $10.00 form Walmart. Two new matters for Sam's club ran us $200.00 and a TV stand from Ikea was $40.00

Shelfs for Ikea that wrap all the way around the room $120.00.
The boys love having a place to set all their stuffed animals, super heros and art projects.

Tall toy storage from Ikea with red bins $64.00.
You can't tell from the picture but I hung "black out" roll blinds from Ikea. They keep the room nice and dark and only cost $40.00 for two of them.

I climbed into the closet to take this picture. It really shows just how small this room is. But with well thought out storage and shelving the room works for two boys. My hope is that they can be happy in it for the next 5 years or until Mr. Tripp wins the lotto.

I am so happy with the way the room turned out. The total cost was $714.00. Mr. Tripp wanter to keep the cost under $500.00 but when we came up with this number we didn't think about needing new mattresses. I haven't told him the total cost yet and I'm hoping he doesn't ask.

The Next room we will be making over is the new girls room. This is going to take a lot longer because there is many, many layers of wallpaper to be striped. UGGG.
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment