Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ping pong chores

kids + house + pets + life =
lots of work for momma

Let's rewind to last week. I was on a treadmill at the "Y" reading good house keeping or something like it and saw this idea, PING PONG CHORES. Write chores on ping pong balls, put them in a bowl, jar or bag and let the kid draw a ball and do the chore.

LET'S TRY IT!
So I invested a whole $12 into 32 ping pong balls and a cookie jar. I wrote out chores like, feed the dog, wipe down bathroom sink + empty dryer, plus I added in some fun ones like do a silly dance, give everyone a HI-FIVE + kiss your mom.
We told the kids that if we emptied the cookie jar we would get a special treat. It took us about 45 min. to do all of our chores. PJ and Ben did a pretty good job on their chore balls. Matt and Ella needed a little more help, as to be expected with littler kids. Since they got all the chores done I let them watch TV for 45 minutes before bed. My goal is to get all the chores done in 30 minutes or less. I know they can't do as good a job as Phil or I would, but any help is wonderful. Plus its good for them to learn how to do these jobs so that someday they can run a clean and orderly home.



xxoo

1 comment:

  1. Neat Idea !!! I need one for ME !! LOL
    June

    ReplyDelete