Tuesday, January 11, 2011

faux chenille blanket


I just got done sewing one of the most time consuming and beautiful blankets. I'v sewed my far share of blanket but this one takes the cake. I tried to keep track of how long I worked on the blanket and I think it was around 8 hrs. I don't like to do projects that take more than an hour or two at the most. However this blanket is
OH SO LOVELY.
It was well worth the time I invested in it. It has a corduroy back, Faux Chenille front made with flannel so it extra soft and satin edging. The down side to the blanket is I made it as a gift for a out of town friend who just had a baby. So shortly I will be shipping out my lovely blanket. I Hope it is loved and appreciated. I really had to think long and hard about keeping it for us and making a different gift to send.

I got the tutorial from Dana at MADE.
I love her tut's. She is just way to crafty.

I think Penny will be sad to see it go to. I have found her on the floor with it a couple of times. She singing one of her favorite Barney songs. "if all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops..."
I think I'm going to have to make a couple more of these. I would really like one for me.

xxoo


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! How much would you charge to make a small one-like 1 sq ft? It'd be a nice security blankie. :)

    I'm so impressed by your craftiness, by the way!

    ReplyDelete