Wednesday, January 26, 2011

to sleep

The first thought as I woke up this morning was, When is nap time? Penny has become a terrible bed mate and pretty crapy napper too. However when I look back at why is this way I clearly see its all my fault. I never made he cry herself to sleep and because of that she need me to fall asleep, to stay asleep + needs me to comfort her any time there is a problem. If I had it to do over?... I wouldn't do it any differently. I LOVED cuddling and nursing her as she fell asleep in my arms. I have paid for those precious moment in 20 months of sleepless night and I'm sure there will be many more to come.
Someday I will have a teenage Penny. Will she want to climb into bed and cuddle with me? Probably not. So for now sleep be damned.
Penny passed out in front of the TV. Barney was on.
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment