Friday, June 25, 2010

the gift of giving

I love gifts. I love getting them but I love to give them more.

*****

This past Valentines Day my younger sister Annie ran off and got married (out of state).
Mr. Tripp and I were unable to go. =(
Annie and her new husband Mark are having a wedding reception this weekend. Sadly I could only find $14.78 in my wallet today and well it would tacky to show up empty handed. So a hand made gift from my heart, not my wallet is what they will be receiving.

(the happy couple)

1. I found some pictures that Annie had posted on facebook of her far away wedding. I looked for side shots because that what I need to make the silhouettes.

2. Traced the out line of their faces with a black pen. This out line will be where you cut to make your silhouette so take your time. I didn't trace some of the fly-away hairs on my sister and re-moved any double chins (we all have them and I know I would want mine cut away if I could).

3. I cut out on the photo silhouettes (the one on the left is the back side of the photo)

4. I then traced the photo silhouettes onto the back of black card stock (on the right is the back side of my black card stock)

5. I very carefully cut the silhouette out of the black card stock.

6. Once I had both of my silhouettes cut out I added some accessories to them (sorry no photos). Annie had Pink flowers in her hair and Mark had a pink flower on his jacket. Plus I added Annie's earring and necklace. I did these the same way as the Face silhouettes.

7. I used my cricut to cut out the word "LOVE". If you don't want to do this step I think it would look just as nice without the word.

8. I used a picture frame that has a glass front and back and I glue sticked the silhouettes and letters down.


And finished products. I think it will be a wonderful gift. Just please don't tell Annie how much I spent. $0.00
I think she'll LOVE it anyway.











1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Annie BontomasiJune 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM

    I don't care how much you spent! It was the best gift! Mark and I absolutely love it andi am insanely jealous that I don't have your creativity! I love you sis and it meant alot that you made the long drive to see us.

    ReplyDelete