Friday, May 6, 2011

Head Gear

I love hats. When I was a little girl my mother would wear big, bright, awful hats to church, weddings, funeral and even parent teacher conferences. Looking back at pictures of my mom in 1980's head gear, well it's hard not to laugh. I'm sure my kiddos will look back at picture of my in hats and be equally amused.

There are a few problems with hats. First you really should have a place to wear them to (not PTA meetings). And 2nd a nice hat can cost BIG bucks.

So my gaol was to copy this lovely cap. It's for sale on Etsy for $85.00. I made a knock off for less than $8.

I started with this $2.50 from Target. I bought two hats, one to keep as is and one to make over.

I cut down the big floppy brim and sealed the unfinished edge with fray check.

Next I broke out my hot glue gun and glued this fun flower ribbon on what was left of the brim. I got the ribbon at Jo Ann's for $5.

I don't know when I'll get to wear it out. This picture doesn't do the hat justice. It's much cuter in person.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment