Tuesday, April 19, 2011

coupon crazy

My friend has turned into a coupon-o-haulic. And she's been trying to get my to jump on her crazy coupon clipping band wagon. Honestly to me it seems like a whole lot of work to save a couple of bucks. Driving to all the different store, hunting thru adds, matching the best coupons to the best adds. REALY, just typing all that was to much work. But she just keeps going on and on about $.17 battery and free toothbrush so I thought OK I'll try it once. But no running all over. One store and one newspaper and 10 minutes of online coupon printing.

I hit Rite Aid. First I signed up for their +up rewards cards. It support to save you money and get you better deals.
1. Huggies diapers $19.99 minus $3 online coupon and $1 +up rewards That make $15.99 for 83 diapers.

2. goodnight sleep pants $11.99 minus $2 newspaper coupon = $9.99

3. Gummie Vites $6.99 each, with the +up rewards card I got them for BOGO free. So I saved 6.99.

4. Hair dye $9.99 each. On sale 2 for $17, minus $4 in add coupon and a $5 +up rewards. So I only paid $4 a bottle.

5. Gain full price is $8.99. On sale for $4.99 minus $2 coupon = $2.99.

Keeping track? Full price I would have paid $74.93
After coupons I paid $43.96
Thats a saving of $30.97

So... my friend was right.
I'll be jumping on the coupon wagon after all.


xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment