Monday, April 25, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

Happy Easter!

I know I'm a day late but it was a crazy weekend. On Friday our new puppy came in from Texas, I'll post pictures of her soon. Saturday Mr. Tripp and I had a funeral to attend. It was less of a funeral and more of a celebrations. Our friend Kevin lived the kind of life that most could only aspire to live. Over 700 people came show the love to Kevin's family and celebrate him moving into his new house with the Lord.
And Sunday was Easter.
Can I get a HE HAS RISEN!!!


Any now today is Monday. My shopping day and shopping was good. Mr. Tripp cooked so much food for Easter dinner that we should be in leftovers of at least 3 if not 4 days. So shopping at Aldi's today was a breeze. Just a block away from Aldi's is goodwill. I was looking of size 2 boys shoes for PJ to play in, a king size wooden bed frame or a least head board and a tortilla press. I didn't find any of those things but I did find TONS of other treasurers.

Wooden cutting board $2, round baking stone $2, Pyrex bowl $3.00 and spring form pan $5

Milk glass vase $3, Three mason jars with old fashion lids $2 each, a bit steep but the lids are way cool and still have the glass seal inside of them and wooden napkin rings for $1.


We struck Elmo gold! A Elmo book for $.60, Elmo slippers $2 and a Elmo phone with battery that work $1. Penny has had her eye on this phone for a couple of months but I kept waiting for it to go on sale. ONLY $1.00! We are both thrilled with this great find.

I also got a two sided ironing board $3 and a Card wreath that I'm going to re-purpose $2.


Last week I picked up a couple of steals too.
Set of four ceramic jars $10.00 for the set.


A set of 10 glasses for $3.00. My grandmother had these same glass at her house when I was a little girl. I don't know what happened to them after she passed but I will be remind me of her when we use them.

There was some many other thing I wanted to get today but didn't, a giant mirror, Thomas the train play table, a huge grape vine wreath, cook book stand and many other trinkets but I refrained. We just don't have any space left.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment